Thursday 19 January 2012

An Exciting Day!

As I sit here typing this post, I am waiting patiently for our dearest life long friends Dave & Shirley to arrive.  Greg has left for the airport to pick them up.  We are super excited to have them come visit.
Let me tell you a bit about (as I call her) My Girl Shirl!  Shirley and I have been friends, actually more like sisters for 35 years now!  The things we have shared, stories we've told, vacations we've taken together, years of fun at our cottage in Muskoka Canada......we've seen each other through the good times as well as the trying.  I can't think of what my life would have been like without these two dear people.
Shirley and David are actually the ones responsible for us making the move to Mexico.  You see, Dave & Shirl winter each year in San Miguel de Allende Mexico and we had the good fortune to experience what it would be like to live in central Mexico - far away from the resort costal towns - this is real Mexico.
They will stay with us for the next two action packed weeks then leave via bus to head to SMA for the balance of the winter months.  They will be our very first visitors since arriving here last May!

Greg's Mom, sister Julie and brother Rob will arrive the end of February and Julie and Rob will stay for 2 weeks.  Mom will stay on until the end of March, giving her a well needed time out from the cold dark Canadian winter. 

In April my Sister Sandy will be coming ................it will be wonderful to have her here and show her around the area.  I can't wait for a few close "on the couch with  our jamies on kinda sister chat" - I miss those times alot.   Sandy spent alot of time with us in Rockwood while travelling on business. 
It will be wonderful to have our dearest friends and family with us over these next couple of months!
Maybe, just maybe we will be lucky enough to have our Kids and Grandkids visit too!
Hugs !

No comments:

Post a Comment