Wednesday 14 September 2011

Efficiency...........

I had to see a doctor here this week.  My back has been killing me and I finally gave in.  Called a doctor on Saturday morning and was granted an appointment for first thing Monday morning!  After an hour and 15 minute appointment and a detailed review of me, my health, my life, the doc said he needed to run a series of tests.  Bloodwork and 2 MRI's so he would be able to properly find out what the exact problem was.  Here I'm thinking, OK great............this will most likely be another 6-8 weeks waiting.
To my utter shock, he got on the phone and proceeded to speak in rapid fire spanish.  He hung up and told me to be at the Guadaljara Hospital for 12:30  the following day!  I think my mouth was wide open.............. this was amazing to be able to have such tests all in the matter of hours!
So, off we headed to Guadaljara the following morning, our friends were happy to drive us as they know the city and knew just where to go.  Guadaljara is a huge city with a population of 12 million!
Checked in at noon and by 3pm was finished.  I left with a huge envelope containing all my photos and results.  Will see the doc tomorrow for the final diagnosis!
Hard to believe that in less than one week you can go from calling to book an appointment with a doctor to having had all the tests and results.
September 16th Mexico celebrates it's Independance Day (from Spain).  It is a huge celebration for this country and we plan on taking part.
Viva Mexico, still lovin' it here!!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment