Tuesday 11 December 2012

Christmas in Chapala Mexico!

Twas the night before Christmas, not far from a beach
I'm afraid a white Christmas is out of my reach.
No snow, no sleigh bells, no Santa's reindeer,
The sounds of our Mexican Village is all that I hear.

I miss mistletoe and I miss the holly
Strung lights on my cactus, isn't as jolly
What I would give for an eggnog right now
Tequila's just not as festive somehow.

Now don't get me wrong, I love living here
But I get a bit homesick at this time of year
When the kids were young, I'd be up until three,
Wrapping their gifts to put under the tree.

They're all grown up now with lives of their own
Instead of their hugs, it a call on the phone
Hey Mom, how are you?  How's Christmas down there
They tell me they love me, I know that they care.

It's enough I suppose and I'm glad that they're well
Maybe next year they'll visit, that'd  be swell
But tonight it's just hubby and me
And 6 dogs -  the reason we don't have a tree!

The hour is late and it's past time for bed
The margarita  I've sipped has gone to my head
So I take my love's hand and step out for some air
And gaze at the stars hoping Santa's up there.

He isn't of course, as I've known all along,
And that cheery white Christmas is only a song,
But I hold my love's hand and give him a kiss
And know that it doesn't get better than this.

We live in a tropical heaven on earth
Enjoying good friends, well aware of their worth
Well that's it for my tropical rhyme,
After all, it is almost Christmas time!


 
Merry Christmas to All
 
xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment