Saturday 8 October 2011

Thanksgiving in Mexico

It seems somewhat strange to us ................it's fall and the leaves are falling off some of our trees here.  The mountains are coloured in yellows and orange wildflowers and are beautiful as I mentioned in my previous post.  It's Thanksgiving Weekend and I must admit, I am  feeling a little homesick.  This is the first time in almost 6 months............I am thinking about our family and it is quite strange not to be home for this favourite family holiday.  Memories of Black Lake, the great family times, the beautiful colour of Northern Ontario.  On the other hand, it is wonderful here to be able to sit outdoors in our shorts and t-shirts under the beautiful blue clear skys.  Today I am cooking a turkey, green beans and mushroom soup casserole etc. for Greg and I.  On Monday we are going to one of the local restaurants - they are hosting a Canadian Thanksgiving Event -  will be a great way to meet  some fellow Canucks!
I am thankful for many things this year.  First and foremost - I am thankful for our wonderful children and grandchildren...............our family back home.  I'm also thankful for the wonderful life we have here in Mexico and for the good friends we have made here.   The peacefulness and beauty of all that surrounds us  everyday.  Greg and I feel very fortunate to be able to be here at this time in our lives.  Every day a new adventure in this foreign country.  We are adapting well to our new environment.  I am very much looking forward to my visit home in November.  I just hope the snow holds off!
Have a Wonderul Thanksgiving, with all our love.
xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment